Why can.t I choose from the phones notifications sounds? Not even "silent"

A

AC Question

I.m using an S7, after having an S4. Ever since I got it, I noticed when trying to set notifications and ring tones that the phone sounds are not available.
Now trying to put silent as notification for email, that is not available either. The only sound available is the one called "hangouts". It is the only one available for everything!
Can somebody help?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
The S7 is a lot more complex than your S4 was. There are a number of places where you set notifications. In main settings, go to notifications and make sure things are on that you want. Then go to the app itself and find settings in the app and set the notifications there as well.. In sounds and notifications there is also a few settings... Not forgetting the lock screen notifications permissions.... If all that fails, a cache partition wipe and a reboot may help refresh the device... Good luck, let us know if you got there....

Bbgabri

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, only one sound file is available: when I try to set the alarm clock sound, the call ring tone, etc
In notifications, the same...I do not even have the possibility to put silent notification for my emails! For the older accounts, copied from the S4, notifications are silent. But with the new account, I cannot choose anything but "hangouts" !!!!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
You turn device off. Then you simultaneously hold volume up, home and power buttons until the device vibrates and the Samsung logo appears. Let go the power button but keep pressing the other two!!! You'll get a screen with the android robot telling you how it's updating... The robot may fall over and play dead, ignore it and the screen should change ti some small writing in top left corner. Carefully read what it says, scroll down to wipe cache partition using volume key. Then press power button to approve the process. It takes a few seconds, then you can scroll to reboot device... Press power button and it's done and dusted.... Maybe write down the steps before you do this, it's not as complex as it sounds, just be aware that the factory reset option is there too, if you accidentally select that, you wipe everything from the phone!!!