How do you disable proximity sensor on a galaxy s6?

A

AC Question

I try playing side turning games and use the phone at night or in dark places, but every time something gets close to the sensor in the upper left, the screen turns off. It's really annoying. This happens in dark or bright places. And I can't root my device since I need like a special card for it, which I can't get.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
What games are you playing... specifically by name? The only time the proximity sensor should turn off the screen is when you're on a call. If it could turn off the screen at any time, then you couldn't even hold the phone near to top while using it for any task. Could it be the game you're playing uses the proximity sensor?

vSirKillsAlotv

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
What games are you playing... specifically by name? The only time the proximity sensor should turn off the screen is when you're on a call. If it could turn off the screen at any time, then you couldn't even hold the phone near to top while using it for any task. Could it be the game you're playing uses the proximity sensor?

It's not the gamend, since I would push the home button and the screen would still turn off if the sensor is tripped, but the games are too many to type out. I will upload a screenshot to imgur, and post the link.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

vSirKillsAlotv

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I've tried searching for it, but no, that option doesn't show up for me. It's so annoying. Even now if my finger or something gets too close, it shuts off my screen. Please don't tell me I have to root my phone and flash that option. Because I have to get a special SD card for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC