Recently purchased a Huawei GR3. I need to use it for wifi for my laptop. I've set it up and the laptop will connect to the hotspot no problem, for maybe 15-20 minutes if it's the first use of the day. Then the connection will simply stop. My laptop says it's still connected with full signal, but Chrome or whatever will say I'm no longer connected. So I have to constantly disconnect and reconnect, turn wifi on and off etc, multiple times. It might work for a minute at the most, then disconnect again. When it does work, it is slower than dial up I had in 2004. I know it's not the laptop, because it has no trouble connecting to any other wifi, and my old Samsung Galaxy 3 can do the job as tethering hotspot no problems with the same laptop (same thing happens with my Galaxy tablet). I have already tried a factory reset, and using the USB tethering option has the same results. The problem is most definitely the phone. Any suggestions appreciated!
    10-29-2016 05:01 AM
    My laptop says it's still connected with full signal
    To the hotspot.

but Chrome or whatever will say I'm no longer connected
    To the internet.

Two totally different things.

The phone evidently can't connect to 2 different things, your router and your laptop, at the same time for very long. There's not much you can do about that.
    10-29-2016 01:46 PM