The phone was not dropped or exposed to water/liquid. I was watching tv and the phone was on the couch next to me. It rang and when I picked it up I noticed a black fingerprint size spot on the screen. (I was able complete the call.)By this morning the spot had covered half of the screen and was slowly spreading downward. It seems that the phone works properly other than the screen going black. I can reboot the phone as I know where the screen buttons are for that. The blue/green indicator lights blink normally.
    10-30-2016 05:20 PM
    That will need a replacement screen, or at least, glass.
    10-30-2016 05:45 PM
    Back it up while you still can... And get the screen replaced of course
    10-30-2016 11:27 PM
    I (AC question) asked a question back on 10/30/16 and figured it would only be polite to post an update.

I contacted the Verizon store and they sent out a replacement phone, which arrived in 3 days. What a pain it was getting everything set up.
    Finally after 4 hours I got it working, my email accounts, apps, etc installed. During the new phone setup I got a notice that I had used all of my data. I was charged $15 for that. Probably, because I couldn't figure out how to shut down my old phone. The screen was totally black so I was guessing at where the icons where when trying to shut it down. I guess I caused a bunch of apps to run in the background.

Now I have to send the old one back within 5 days or get charged for the new phone.
    This raises a new question. How do I reset it to factory defaults so that all of my saved data (calendar, notes, etc) will be erased?
    Remember, I can't see the screen to navigate to anything much less go into 'Settings'.
    11-04-2016 08:27 PM