Predictive text issue in Samsung GS7 Edge native email app

A

AC Question

Whenever I try to type a symbol followed by a number (ie: $100 or +1) in the native email app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, predictive text automatically changes it to $$0 or ++.

I do not have the option to click on the $$0 to change it and I can't delete the $$0 entry from the predictive text memory.

I have shut off predictive text and that corrects the issue but I love the feature and would rather have it on.

This only occurs in the native GS7 email app which I am also very fond of.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Douglas Lise

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem in my webapp when installed in Android 6.0.1. I don't know if my webapp uses the android native webview or it uses another webkit based. It is made with Rhomobile/Rhodes.
It occurs always after I type an special char. The next char is repeated. If I type "abc.de" the resulting text is "abc..e"
If it has been happening only with me I could turn it off, but there are hundreds of people using the app everyday and the majority of them uses a samsung tablet with samsung keyboard, and as soon as they are updating to android 6.0.1 they are facing this problem.
I also recorded a video showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/wYmJQwn2VyY

rodalfa

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Seems Google (was responsible and) has solved the bug, the Beta version of Android System Webview in Play Store (v. 55.0.2883.36) is working fine with Samsung Keyboard again. The current version (54.0.2840.68) has the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles