I previously had a Windows Phone that died so I'm using a Motorola Moto X Pure Edition phone until I decide on the next phone...

In Windows 10 Mobile (and the previous incarnations of Windows Phone), all my text messages were in one location (the Messaging app). So I can see all the different people and messages at once. So I just open up the Messaging app and send a text message to anyone.

Can I do something similarly in Android? I have 6.0 installed. Right now, I have to open a contact and then hit the message button to open my text messages for that contact.

It feels strangely isolating. Like the messages are tied to the person. In the messaging app for Windows 10 Mobile, it felt like all the messages were tied in one location and the person was the separating factor. The messaging app is kind of like FB Messenger, GroupMe, Viber, etc. where you have all these different threads all together. Having to open a contact to send a text message feels weird.
    11-01-2016 12:17 AM
    I previously had a Windows Phone that died so I'm using a Motorola Moto X Pure Edition phone until I decide on the next phone...

In Windows 10 Mobile (and the previous incarnations of Windows Phone), all my text messages were in one location (the Messaging app). So I can see all the different people and messages at once. So I just open up the Messaging app and send a text message to anyone.

Can I do something similarly in Android? I have 6.0 installed. Right now, I have to open a contact and then hit the message button to open my text messages for that contact.

It feels strangely isolating. Like the messages are tied to the person. In the messaging app for Windows 10 Mobile, it felt like all the messages were tied in one location and the person was the separating factor. The messaging app is kind of like FB Messenger, GroupMe, Viber, etc. where you have all these different threads all together. Having to open a contact to send a text message feels weird.
    Yes, you can. I'm using the BlackBerry Hub on Android and I am able to send my sms, WhatsApp and BBM, emails and others through it.
    11-01-2016 05:02 AM