nexus 5 How to fix "unfortunately...has stopped working" massages constantly popping up

A

AC Question

LG nexus 5 android version 6.0.1

I think I accidentally interrupted a software update and now my phone has numerous different messages which pop up constantly.

"Unfortunately, Nfc service has stopped working" is always there, I click report or ok and 1 second later the message pops back up. My bank app had also just been updated so I deleted that afterwards there weren't any error messages for a few days but now they are back and deleting the bank app did nothing.

Other messages also pop up occasionally including photos not working, contact sync not working and more but the nfc message is always there.

I have rebooted in safe mode and the nfc message still wont go away.

I have looked in the settings menu under wireless & networks more, there is no nfc to toggle off (or android beam).

I have backed up most of my data - when I click ok on the massage I have enough time for a single click, so I could access apps and backup data albeit at a frustratingly glacial rate.

would appreciate any advice on how to fix this

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: nexus 5 How to fix "unfortunately...has stopped working" massages constantly popping up

Welcome to the forums. I would consider doing cache clear in recovery. That may help with the crashes. You may need to consider reflashing the stock ROM, which will wipe your device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2