How do I remove forgotten direction lock on Samsung s6?

A

AC Question

Hi,

I recently advised my mum to get the Samsung s6 as I think they're great. Somehow (bearing in mind her ability to use it is still in training) she has put pattern/directional lock on.

She set one, managed to use it twice and then, for some reason I don't quite understand, she had to reset the pattern. When setting it the second time she has tried to draw a pattern with diagonal lines (which can't be used) and has no idea what pattern it picked up, but she can't use the original one or any attempts at the new one differ massively.

For the last fortnight, she has had to put the wrong pattern in until she is timed for 30 seconds so that she is offered the option of using her back up pin (which she can remember)

After some searching online, I've seen a few threads that end at "try a factory reset" and therefore gave it a go. Problem is, it won't reset unless the right pattern is put in. Hoping that I could time it out and use the back up pin, I have spent 4 hours waiting for it to let me retry, but never offered the chance to use the back up pin.

I'm now clueless, and because mum is more clueless, she is getting very worked up (bless her).

Can anyone help? We know the pin. We don't know the pattern. Phone is backed up. How do we get past the pattern/directional lock so that we can remove it?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Frustrated Mum and Pestered Daughter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech