Samsung S7 Edge does not ring for text messages

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung S7 Edge phone that does not ring for incoming text messages. I have been through the phone settings and Messages settings to ensure that it is not on mute. I even restarted my phone several times and made sure the phone is up to date, still nothing. It rings for All notifications including Whatsapp, google voice, calendar, games, etc just not text messages!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, are you using the stock messaging app? within the messaging app you can customise the message tone - try changing this and testing it out - does it still not work?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

jannam3000

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I am an Android Central user, didnt get to login before posting the above message. I use the messages app that came with the phone, I have checked the settings on there and it shows Notifications > On. In the phone settings, Under Sounds & Vibrations > Sound Mode is set to Sound; Volume for all 4 categories are set to high; and for Notification Sound > Default Notification sound shows Skyline; Messages Notification shows Pure Bell; and Calendar Notifications shows On Time.

Not sure what else is left to do!

jannam3000

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
The text messages on my Samsung S7 edge still does not vibrate or play the notification sound when I get incoming text messages. I have checked the settings on the phone > Sounds & Vibration > Notification Sound > All set to tones. In the Message Settings the Notifications shows ON too. I have restarted the phone numerous time but this issue is still not resolved. I am starting to hate my Samsung S7 Edge...I have had so many issues apart from this, like negative selfies still randomly appears and ruins the images I took and cannot go back; and many more. Also found out if you crack the screen the cost is anywhere from $300 to $400 to fix it! YIKES!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't use to stock messaging app. You can download a free one like Textra or Google Messenger. Lets see if they ring. If they don't, then it's a problem with the phone. If they do, then it's the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae