So, I was tooling along with 2 extremely novice friends in a canoe on Lake Champlain headed to Fort Ticonderoga (ps...free admission if you come in by way of water).
    Long story short, The guy in the middle leaned over and grabbed the canoe as he went, successfully putting myself and my other friend in the water with him. My head never went under water, which means the phone never exceeded 3 feet in depth and it was more of a "slip in" than crashing into the water.
    We went to shore since it was right there, so the phone was submerged for approximately 2 minutes. My buddies IPhone 6.....toast immediately. My other buddy, phone disappeared into the 10 foot depth water, mine was working like a charm.
    My phone continued to work great for the next 2 hours or so. Then it started to get funny.
    The only thing it started to do was to go to the "App Kill" screen, or "Recent app" screen (as if you hit the button on the lower left), but you could exit out of it and all was fine.
    Now, the phone is constantly going to the recent app screen and than back to what you were doing, sometimes stay there a while, but you could always exit out and use the phone like normal.
    It's been since July 04, 2016 and the phone is still doing this. I would say the phone is toast but it still works fine aside from going to the recent app screen. Also, the recent app button seems to have no response when pressed.
    Should I give up on this thing or is there a way to fix it cheaply? I already did all the reset stuff.

First time I "used" my phone in water and the damn thing did this....made me doubt my decision for the S5Activce AND the Otterbox but, hey. I love it!

Any info would be great!
    11-02-2016 06:38 PM
    Does Lake Champlain have exceedingly pure water? That may have helped. Smiley.
    This is our standard Ambassador Guide to phones and water:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=477140
    11-02-2016 07:45 PM
    None of those forums seemed to have helped me....I believe my phone is as dry as it's going to get since it's been out of the water for 4 months now :-)
    And to answer your question, no, Lake Champlain is not exceedingly pure. the PH level is about 6.8ish??

As I said, everything with the phone works...charges, holds charge, turns on, takes pictures/video, plays video, peruses the internet fine, phone calls and texts are sent/received, the screen is perfect without any type of damage or weird spots, speakers all work, all other buttons works as they should.
    the Recent Apps button has been unresponsive at all since then and it is continuously going to recent apps screen than back out. you can get it to back out of the recent apps screen by hitting the back button, and sometimes it won't go to recent apps depending on what application is running, though most of the time it reverts back to recent app screen.
    Sometimes it does this continuously, rarely it will go several minutes without doing it.
    11-02-2016 08:04 PM
    My understanding is that water damage is progressive due to the impurities that remain after the water has dried. Problems can begin to show several months after the wetting. It sounds like that is happening in your case, but I'll pass this to others for other ideas.

Very pure water would be less likely to do damage, is why I asked half-jokingly about the lake water.

Anyways welcome as a new member.
    11-02-2016 08:18 PM
    It started within 2 hours after the incident. I checked it out right after I got out of the water and it seemed fine. Collected all that had floated to shore, salvaged a Marlboro or 2, dried a lighter enough to light em, than a journey of 35 minutes to the shoreline of Fort Ticonderoga. It was there the Recent App view popped up once or twice, but I wasn't playing on the phone much. After the short little hike to the Fort, that's when I noticed the issue. It's been doing it since.
    And I joke around probably more than anyone you'll meet....I just assumed you thought it was a very recent dunking and I understand your comment about purity....salinity, alkalitic, acidic, etc....
    I'm just hoping there's a shred of hope to be able to use this phone again without the annoyance of the recent apps page constantly........I should just rename it to current apps.
    belodion likes this.
    11-02-2016 08:36 PM
    We have an ex-repairer - the writer of the Guide I linked above in fact - who with any luck will see this and give an expert diagnosis, insofar as that can be done remotely.
    11-02-2016 09:07 PM
    That would be saaaWEEEEET!!!!....lol
    11-02-2016 09:25 PM