I no longer have my verizon wireless account. I do have FIOS with a wireless router. My ellipis 7 and 8 will work at McDonalds or the Dr. office , but won't connect to my FIOS router. With the 8 it will save the info for the connection to the FIOS wireless, but when I look at it in the saved library it just shows the network name and the type of security, thats all. I can press "done" and "forget".

on the 7 it will put the info on the WI-FI list, but it says that the network is not in range, even though it is right next to the modem (my Verizon phone will connect to networks with no problem
    11-05-2016 11:03 AM
    The question is whether you still have your FiOS account. If not, you'll have to get a different router. (Netgear has some decent ones for $40, until they go on sale.) Once you do that, connect to the new router and you should be able to transfer files from one device to the other. (Will you be able to "save to the internet"? Only if you have an internet account with some provider - you don't get an internet connection without an internet account.)
    11-05-2016 01:38 PM