T-mobile/Samsung forced an update that doesnt let me fully charge my battery. I want to root my phone and flash an older OS so I can get my functionality back. I read online that Anyrooter doesnt work for T-Mobile SM-N930T, so which app should I use or can I use to successfully root my phone? THanks
    11-07-2016 12:49 PM
    This phone is going to be blacklisted from every cell phone carrier on Earth until you cannot use it. Just take it back and wait for the Note 8.
    belodion likes this.
    11-07-2016 01:42 PM
    Hi and welcome to the forums. As you're probably aware Samsung is doing this as part of their attempt to encourage you to return a product that has been recalled due to a safety hazard. More information about the update can be found in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=743409
    belodion likes this.
    11-07-2016 01:44 PM
    No disrespect but this was not my question, nor did it answer my question. If we can focus on my actual question. Can someone point me in the direction of rooting my phone. I am NOT parting with it... so please stop
    11-07-2016 01:45 PM
    Nope, sorry that information isn't available here. The internet is huge and I'm sure it exists somewhere, but the most we can do is wish you the best of luck.
    belodion likes this.
    11-07-2016 02:10 PM
    I think what Aquila is trying to say is that you won't get much help circumventing the pushed updates. Samsung is doing this out of an abundance of caution. It is going to become VERY difficult to use one of those devices, Samsung wants to hold ZERO liability for injuries or damage as a result of a device failing. I would imagine nobody else is willing to help for similar reasons. Similarly, I can't imagine AC would be so inclined as to help circumvent the safety precautions put in place as a result of the US government (CPSC is a government entity) mandated recall of the device.

That said, as much as we don't like steering people away from AC, there ARE other sites where this discussion is rampant, I will not post that here though.
    belodion likes this.
    11-07-2016 02:32 PM
    Yes, it would be asking us to help you to do something that would endanger you and others around you.
    11-07-2016 03:04 PM