The wonderful man who took care of my phone's rooting and updating has disappeared! I am running 4.4.2 on a Galaxy Note 3. My phone is slow, loses connectivity and drops calls. I am looking for a professional, reasonably priced person in or near Los Angeles to update two Galaxy Note 3 to Lollipop ROMS. I would prefer to have the person take care of the transfer of apps and info as much as possible. I am not proficient at Titanium, or would have to be walked through it. What ROM would you recommend? And is the old ROM the reason for the phones' not functioning properly? Thanks. HeathCliff
    11-09-2016 11:57 AM
    4.4.2 was the last ROM that could be directly rooted on the Note 3. Updating to Lollipop, rooting and accessing the rooted ROM is a fairly complex process, something like rooting the phone in the first place. I wouldn't suggest it if you can't just go to the Note 3 area of XDA Forums and get the information that's been there for a few years. [ROM][Guide][FULL ODIN FILES][ATT][OC1][OTA … | AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is one of them.

As for which ROM, that depends on the carrier for whom the phones were built (the name on the phone, or the phone's number - 900? (the ? being the important one). AT&T and Verizon don't give you a choice - the phones are locked down, and you have to use a modification of the stock ROM. Others have other choices.

As for the phones not working properly, no. Rooting adds one file and one app - and they aren't seen by apps that don't request root access, so the phone itself (that's an app) wouldn't be affected by rooting unless it was done incorrectly - and then you'd have been having a problem all this time. I suspect it's either weak batteries (they're 3 years old) or problems with your carrier changing something that's not compatible with a Note 3.

(Sorry, but I don't know anyone in the LA area.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-09-2016 02:49 PM