Before purchasing my Moto Z Play I searched google to see if anyone has been able to run Straight Talk on it. I found people who have confirmed that they are running straight talk with no issues other the VOLTE not working. I don't even know what that is so I likely won't miss that.

Fast forward to today. My wife and I both bought unlocked Moto Z Play phones from Bestbuy. I bought a Straight Talk BYOP sim card kit. I started activation on Straight Talk's website and followed the instructions to a T and the following message was displayed.

"Unfortunately, your device will not work with our Bring-Your-Own-Device Program.
    The good news is that Straight Talk has all the best devices from all the brands you love. Find the best one for you online or at Wal-Mart."

So how are other people getting this combination to work together?
    11-10-2016 11:49 AM
    I'm wondering this too. Is the Moto Z Play GSM or CDMA? It doesn't matter if it's unlocked, what matters is which one it runs. Same for your sim card in your BYOP activation kit. Is that CDMA or GSM? Both have to match, and those towers have to be in your city for it all to work. You could have a GSM Moto Z play but no ATT in your area, so straight will tell you that it won't work. You could have Verizon in your area but chose the option to check if your "GSM" phone is compatible in your area, and it would tell you that it's not.
    01-12-2017 03:04 PM