How to migrate to a replacement phone

A

AC Question

My existing LG V-10 Marshmellow phone is acting up and I just got the replacement LG-10 from Verizon. Both phones are working.

I would like to backup my old phone with some kind of app/software and then I want to turn on my new phone and through pure magic I want the new phone to be EXACTLY like the old phone...meaning all apps, UN/PW, wallpaper, ring tones, app location on the wallpaper, settings, etc...ETC are ALL in their previous place on the new phone as if it was exactly like my old phone.

Is there some way to do this...easily?!?!?!

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"In the same place" depends on the launcher - some can save their current settings (like Nova), some can't. (If it can't, you'll have to print out screen shots, so you can "reconstruct" the screens.) As for the apps going to the same places in storage, you have no control over that in any computer. The operating system finds a space and uses it - it may or may not be (and normally isn't) the same location used in the other phone. But you never know - if the apps in the app drawer are in alphabetical order, that's the order you see them in.

Wallpaper normally has to be set manually - copy it - as a file - to the new phone. Ringtones should be in a folder named Ringtones (case matters), and you'll have to copy them, file by file. (The same with Alarms and notifications.)

About the only way to completely clone one phone to another (legally - just the stuff you put into it) is a recovery like TWRP - back up data on the old phone and restore it on the new one (after making the appropriate folder name changes). But installing TWRP would void the warranty.