I have previously used the S6 Email app without it causing problems and deleting emails in trash automatically if they are older than 7 days, but that was with the Microsoft ActiveSync setup on the linked account.

Now that I got it set up with IMAP to a different email account, each time I go to the Trash and it syncs, it deletes all emails in trash older than 7 days from the device and my mailbox.

How do I change/stop that behavior? There doesn't appear to be a setting for this with IMAP setup! My current period to sync is set to All, and that is essentially the only setting that exists.

Its only the Email app which does this. Gmail app is working totally fine.

I have already tried deleting that account from my phone and recreating it but to no avail.
    I remember with the ActiveSync option at least I used to have more options I think, but this particular mailbox only accepts IMAP
    11-11-2016 10:05 AM
    There should be a setting in the app that can alter when trash gets deleted. Is there anything there?
    11-11-2016 10:07 AM
    Can't find any unfortunately!
    Under More->Settings, there is just the Account itself (+Add Account) and "General", neither of which are applicable.
    Under the account itself on the phone, it only lets me choose period to sync, sync schedule, what to do when roaming and downloading attachments, nothing about duration to keep emails.
    Under Server settings, there is only my login information and protocol
    11-11-2016 10:11 AM
    Can't find any unfortunately!
    Is there a menu option in the email app itself?
    11-11-2016 10:14 AM
    Not that I can see. I know there was one on my S5 back when I had one, but not on S6 Edge+

Tried looking under Applications Manager and Apps general but just sends me to menu described above
    11-11-2016 10:16 AM
    Not that I can see.
    It may be a setting that can't be changed.
    11-11-2016 10:20 AM
    Thing is, I didn't have the problem with the same app when connecting to a MS mailbox, but I do, connecting to an IMAP one
    11-11-2016 10:27 AM
    POP3 (I assume that's what you mean by "MS" - if the MS mailbox is IMAP, then it makes no difference which email account you're connecting to, it's something on the GMail server that's set to delete after 7 days) mail gets deleted from the server as soon as you download it to the phone. It's possible that the newer email app doesn't have any "delete after so many days" setting, so look for one that does. Whichever app you use, if it's talking to the same email account, it'll change the settings on that server, so that when you go back to using the S6 app, the settings will still be on the server.
    11-11-2016 03:47 PM