I am on a large shared network (student housing, basically) and as of today I've been constantly getting notifications, saying 'Netflix Casting to Chromecast P.'. I suspect someone in the building has a smart TV and well, somehow my phone keeps finding it. Pressing the X or pause button on the phone has no effect (or well, maybe someone is now annoyed I keep pausing or interrupting their program).

Basically, I want to stop the cast device from linking to my phone. I don't know much about (Chrome)cast, and I'm just hoping they can't use my phone for anything remotely - again, I wouldn't know if that were possible.

How would I go about this? I just have my phone, there's no way of knowing which of the 50+ studio's in the building has this Chromecast.
    11-11-2016 12:47 PM
    You'd have to find out who is running Chromecast - and ask them to reset it to their phone. (About the only way it could be anything other than accidental is if someone cloned your phone - which is a federal felony in most countries, so it's about the last thing I'd look for. [It's a violation of international treaties.])

With more than 50 people in the building running phones, about your only option is "social engineering" - look and listen until you find out who's doing it. (Or learn to read the output of https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rts.sslcapture and use that to determine who's doing it.)
    11-11-2016 02:45 PM
    I'm having the same issue...my building has Wi-Fi included for all residence...& I keep getting notification that my phone is casting to Chromecast. I can't believe we don't have an option to remove someone from casting from our phone. Luckily there is only 10 units in my building & we all can talk to one another & I'm pretty much the most tech savvy of us all...but it's a big inconvenience...& I think that they might be confused & won't want to reset their box. I'm confused myself...I can't I disable our remove it from the list...or why don't we get a permission notification that a Chromecast device would like to connect to our phone...something is really odd!
    12-09-2016 05:39 AM