What wireless charger will work with the Otterbox Commuter case and the Galaxy S7?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 in an Otterbox Commuter case. I want to know which qi wireless charges will work with combination. Help with a fast charger would be great also.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Qi goes through the Commuter case (it makes the allowable "placement" a little tighter) so any Qi charger should work. (I use a Defender case, but the rubber is about the same.) And I use a LuguLake charging plate (which used to be $10, but is out of sight now, pricewise). It's nothing special - the normal 800mA Qi charger (which claims to charge at 1,000mA, but I've never seen that happen). I've charged on the Samsung "hockey puck" charger in the carrier's store, and that works too. Just make sure you get a charger plate with an indicator that the phone is sitting in the right place, and experiment with the proper placement for charging. (Mine works out to be just a bit lower than the bottom edge of the plate, and about 1/2" to the right of center.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463