Why is my Android System draining at 43%

Rico1345

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Since last night, my phone has been absolutly killing my battery. At 64% battery it predicts it will last a little over an hour just on idle! I the only thing i have done is have a bit of a mess around with the tasker app i just got off the play store. I tryed to set up a task for my lock screen off when at home that required a third party app (called secure settings)which i downloaded, but halfway through realised you're phone needs to be rootedkmy LG G3 is not rooted) to complete the task. Not knowing much about rooting and tec stuff, i decided i was in over my head would wait, maybe research rooting before i get a head of my self. I then uninstalled secure settings and put my phone down with like 60% battery. 40 mins later i heard my phone go into power saver mode with 15% battery it has been like that ever since. At 90% my phone predicts just 2hours battery life. The Android system seems to be the culprit as it is showing 43% usage. Tasker has no other tasks on it and it makes no difference weather it is disabled or not. I have tryed turning my phone on and off again. I really dont know whats going on..Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The problem with seeing Android System in the battery stats is that it might be due to something the system itself is doing, or it might be some 3rd party app that's utilizing some component of Android System. Since this started after doing something with Tasker, have you tried uninstalling Tasker? You mentioned disabling it, but you can only disable apps that are preinstalled -- so do you mean that you turned it off from within the Tasker app itself? That might not be enough to shut down whatever it might be doing to utilize Android System.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995