Why samsung tab t530 battery drains very very fast only if micro sd card is used ?

A

AC Question

Samsung tab 4 10.1 inch gives message " sd card inserted " or " sd card removed unexpectedly " whenever tab is switched on from sleep mode. The battery also drains very very fast only if sd card is inserted. Battery life is 2days/charge without sd card.

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Wow quite odd indeed. Have you tried to completely format your SD card and try again to see if the issue isn't being occurred from the SD files perhaps?

Final resort: Perform a Wipe/Factory Reset. This will delete all data and files in order to refresh your tablet. You can try this... there isn't any guarantee but I personally think it would your best luck.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Two days from 100% to 40%? Or from 100% to almost 0% (which you NEVER do to a lithium battery unless you like paying to have batteries replaced).

2. The reason for the format is that sometimes a card can "loop" - the middle of a file can point to the beginning of the file, making Media Scanner constantly scan that file (until the battery dies or the world ends). That uses a LOT of battery. Reformatting the card gets rid of all files, so you start comparatively fresh. (Some problems, though, are hardware - so reformatting the card won't help. If it's a SanDisk card, then have live tech support at SanDisk microSD Tech Support, and they'll replace the card. Samsung probably will too - but it's not as easy. Other vendors [not manufacturers - only Samsung and SanDisk make the chips] may or may not [usually not] replace the card.)

If you copy a looped file, the copy may hang, or it may complete with that file not really copied. (And there's nothing you can do but go back to your backup - which, of course, you have - right?)

vinaydalvi49

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks dear. The card 32Gb is from Samsung. I think you are right about file looping. Because while taking backup one of the video files 2Gb copying gave message "insufficient space " even if the drive I was copying is having128gb free space. I will format card. Other card SanDisk 16Gb works in the tab.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance