Suddenly having a lot of problems with my S6 tonight. I've had it for almost a year with some issues, but none like this.

About an hour ago, I was using it as normal. When I went to lock it and set it down, the power button suddenly didn't work. I pressed it and pressed it; the phone wouldn't lock. It was then that I realized my home button stopped working as well. I was able to do a forced restart on it. Upon starting back up, the power button worked for a few minutes before it stopped working again. Still no home button.

When I did a forced restart on it for the second time, it gave me this weird screen I've never seen before. It said something about installing a new operating system, and that I had to press volume up or down to continue or exit. Neither button did anything. When I pressed the home button, it said something like "Downloading, do not turn off target". I did another forced restart on it, and it turned back on as normal. I've never seen anything like that, and it scared the heck out of me.

The power button has failed a few more times, but is working right now, after a few more forced restarts. My home button is still completely unresponsive. Everything else is working, for now. It's sitting upstairs on the charger.

What is wrong with the thing? As I said, I was using it as normal. I did nothing to it, and it's never given me any problems like this up until now. All I can assume is that it's been infected with some kind of a bug, but I'm not sure.

Should I wipe the thing clean and start from scratch? I really don't want to do that, but if I have to, I will.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    11-13-2016 10:48 PM
    Some software glitch probably. That strange screen you were in its where you can wipe cache partition and do other good things. You normally very there by pressing power, home and volume up buttons. You can also factory reset the device from there, so be careful what you press! The power button is the one that will ok whatever is highlighted at the time. Ideally you should try to get back there and wipe cache partition. Factory reset is a major inconvenience and the last resort, as you lose all data and have to log into all your account starting from scratch.. Hopefully you have your files (pics etc) backed up somewhere....
    11-14-2016 12:04 AM