I've had an android tv box for around 6 months and on the whole it's worked OK. I mainly use it for kodi and a few other streaming apps. It's a fairly cheap box so it has always had a tendency to freeze up or crash but the apps have always streamed well with no buffering problem. Suddenly a few weeks ago everything started to buffer all the time. I Haven't changed any settings on the box and I've tried switching to a wired connection but that hasn't helped. Using a speed test app on the box shows that the speed of the connection has slowed right down. Other devices in the house aren't having the same problem so problem must be with the box. The only thing I can think is that the box has developed a fault and I'm gonna need to replace it. If anybody has any ideas of anything else that could be causing the issues it would be must appreciated. Just wanna make sure there isn't something I'm missing before I have to replace it. Thanks in advance.
    11-14-2016 01:51 AM
    Make sure that the router's wifi is set to AES encoding, not TKIP or TKIP+AES. Some implementations of Android run on TKIP like a dead snail.
    11-15-2016 04:30 PM
    Still no answer? I am having the same issue with a MXR Pro+

Even plugged to an ethernet cable I get half the speed than with my PC
    05-06-2018 06:46 PM