I, somewhat recently, purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5 g900a, that was originally an AT&T phone. It was an "open box" item, and, allegedly, an unlocked phone. I am with Straight Talk/Tracfone, and bought a new SIM card from them, to transfer my phone to their system. The phone came with 16 GB of internal storage, and I also installed a 64 GB SD card. I've cleared the cache, I've let Google pictures clear all sorts of stuff to " make more room, and I have to go to the Application Manager, constantly, to transfer a bunch of apps back to the SD card, even though I didn't move them, and have to go through every app, one by one, since the S5 doesn't allow an overall review of what app is where, and have made sure that every app that it's possible to put on the SD card is there. Nevertheless, my phone is almost completely out of space, and I don't know what to do about this. I admit that I don't know anything about this kind of stuff, and I don't know if my phone is defective, or I'm just missing something that is obvious to those who know about this kind of stuff, but I'm just begging for some help. If the phone is screwed up, it's still under warranty, so I can return it, but if it's me, I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Can anybody help?
    11-14-2016 10:45 PM
    If you go to settings... Storage... Device storage... Explore... it should give you a breakdown of what's where. You can look in the sd card also. You should see what's there and how much memory it's using. These modern phones need a lot of memory, 16 gig is not very big, but the sd card should help. It's mostly media stuff, given the high resolution cameras these days, it doesn't take many photos and videos to fill up your memory... Have a look in your apps and uninstall ones you don't use..
    11-14-2016 11:47 PM
    Your internal storage is where things are stored by default. The operating system will take up a good amount of it.

Apps you install will take up space. You may be able to move parts of some apps to an SD card, but that is never all that helpful. Leave your apps on the internal storage.

Pictures, videos, documents, etc. all take up lots of space. These are the things you want to move to the SD card.
    Some camera apps will let you assign the SD card as the default location, some won't.
    Some picture editors will write to the SD card, some won't.
    Many apps can only write their downloaded pictures and videos to the internal storage. You then need to manually move them to the SD card using a file management app.
    11-15-2016 04:56 PM