I am getting a lot of telemarketers, scammers, etc. calling from numbers that don't show up on my caller ID. I have the setting to block unknown numbers activated, but it doesn't block these numbers that are "unavailable". But, later, these numbers show up as "Unknown" on my call log.
    11-16-2016 02:31 PM
    I am getting a lot of telemarketers, scammers, etc. calling from numbers that don't show up on my caller ID. I have the setting to block unknown numbers activated, but it doesn't block these numbers that are "unavailable". But, later, these numbers show up as "Unknown" on my call log.
    The first thing you should do is register your phone number with the National Do Not Call Registry. You only have to register once. I believe they have 30 days to stop calling your number. After that, they can be heavily fined if they continue to call you.

Back in the day when all the calling plans came with minute limits, I used to get a lot of telemarketer calls, which used up my precious minutes. I registered my number with the Registry and haven't been bothered since, which makes me happy. The link is below:

https://www.donotcall.gov/
    11-16-2016 08:35 PM