For the past few days the Amazon App on my phone has not been working. It just says "Sorry, there's a problem with this page right now. We're working on fixing it." The Amazon website is up and running. I've tried forcing the app closed and restarting my phone. This is the regular app not kindle, music, etc. Any suggestions?
    11-17-2016 09:19 AM
    It can take time for developers to fix problems, so it may be best just to wait.
    11-17-2016 09:53 AM
    This app does not allow updates and isn't even in the Playstore unlike other Amazon apps. So unless they fix it internally, I am unsure of what is going on.
    11-17-2016 09:59 AM
    It is still not working for me either. What bad timing with Black Friday, so frustrating. Anyone figure anything out?
    11-25-2016 07:37 PM
    It's working for me. I used it today.
    11-25-2016 08:32 PM
    I have been having the same exact problem as the OP. What gives? Can't shop on Amazon at all, the dummies!
    11-26-2016 10:33 PM
    I had the same issue. I downloaded the Amazon Shopping app from play-store, and it said the "Android System WebView" application was out of date. Downloaded the upgrade for it, and both apps (Amazon and Amazon Shopping) started working. So it was an issue in their rendering process. The Amazon Shopping app had a more descriptive error message, otherwise I'd still have a broken amazon app.
    11-27-2016 01:40 PM
    You have saved thousands of people from going out of their minds. Thank you!!
    12-06-2016 10:38 AM
    Can't thank you enough! I have been having the same problem and my query has been through 5 different Amazon customer care person... But no one had a clue!

Saved my day!
    03-03-2017 12:38 PM
    I had the same issue. I downloaded the Amazon Shopping app from play-store, and it said the "Android System WebView" application was out of date. Downloaded the upgrade for it, and both apps (Amazon and Amazon Shopping) started working. So it was an issue in their rendering process. The Amazon Shopping app had a more descriptive error message, otherwise I'd still have a broken amazon app.
    This isn't an option if you are running Nougat. Google has disabled Android System WebView and it is now part of Chrome. Chrome is up to date on my phone and I'm still experiencing this issue.

This is a problem that Amazon will have to fix themselves.
    03-07-2017 02:39 PM
    4/11/2017 Today Amazon app not working on Android. It's unclear Amazon.com is aware of the issue. I did uninstall and reinstall Amazon shopping app but to no avail.
    04-11-2017 05:11 PM
    Hi,

Hi I have bought a new Android Tablet and always have a habit of checking deals in Amazon on a regular basis. I use to do this in my iphone.

But for my surprise, Amazon app for Android phones/tablets is not working properly. It installs properly but after opening the app, it will not load any information or load the partial Items on the home screen and will not load even after scrolling down.

Thanks
    Harry
    06-21-2017 02:25 AM
    I also get the error the amazon page isn't working and they are working yo fix it. But the solutions that have been given to everyone else is not working for me. I have reinstalled. I have tried the andriod system webview (even clicked on it 8 times as told by one person). I have downloaded a new browser. I have updated Chrome. Nothing is working. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It's been like this for months and driving me crazy! Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Amazon App not working-screenshot_20170705-202422.jpg  
    Chazzee likes this.
    07-05-2017 11:28 PM
    I haven't received any error message, but for the past week the amazon app would not search.
    Mine is the new underground app with the orange icon titled "Amazon", not the one titled "Amazon Shopping".
    What fixed it for me was clearing all data in the applications manager.
    Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Amazon (mine is version 12.2.0.200)
    I first did a Force Stop. Then clicked on Storage and then clicked CLEAR CACHE and then CLEAR DATA.
    When I started the Amazon app again, it came up with the Continue button like using it the first time, and now searching works correctly.
    Not sure if it will fix your error message, but figured it was worth sharing just in case it might help.
    07-14-2017 08:48 AM
    OMG!!! No one could figure this one out, and than you came along. I searched for an answer for days now, and you had the solution! It happened right after shopping on July 10, 2017 Prime Day. Thank you for sharing this info. Don't know what I would have done to fix this annoying situation.
    07-18-2017 04:58 PM
    I've just turned off my Wi-Fi and the problem has gone away.
    Problem could be corporate Wi-Fi setup/firewall/anti-virus...
    11-17-2017 07:13 AM
    Same problem, Amazon app works on lte but not on WiFi - I am just using standard residential gateway - browsing and other apps works fine
    10-05-2018 10:39 PM
    Go to settings, app, notifications. Data usage control. Make sure you select allow. Should fix the problem.
    01-16-2019 04:54 PM