How do I install a custom ROM onto my rooted LG G2 running KitKat 4.4.2?

A

AC Question

I'm new to this process and am trying to get CyanogenMod onto my LG G2. I've tried using Flashify and TWRP Manager, but every time I reboot to recovery, the stock android recovery comes up and gives me few options. I've tried updating from "external sdcard". Even though my phone does not take SD cards, I put the zip files of CM13, GApps, and a patch (for GApps, if I'm remembering correctly) all onto my phone's "internal storage". With the files there, however, the phone still won't recognize them. I get the infamous "failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)" error message. I also tried creating an "sdcard" folder and put the zip files into that as well, but it did nothing. I also tried "apply update from ADB", but I have no idea what to do when I get a message saying "Now send the package you want to apply to the device with "adb sideload <filename>"..." I'm at a loss and no video or guide I've looked at has been able to fully walk me through this. Maybe I'm just missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You may have to flash TWRP in the bootloader and then reboot immediately to recovery. The stock recovery can usually recover itself if you flash a custom one and don't reboot to recovery.