I updated Google Photos to play with my Chromecast, and it automatically starts "backing up" the photos on my phone! Grrr!

I'm assuming that back up is to Google's servers, but, yeah, I'm old fashion and want NOTHING backed up to their servers unless I put it there.

I've turned off every thing I can find for sync and backup. Does that automatically delete from the cloud whatever was backed up?

I want to keep the photos on my phone but delete them from the backup on the cloud.

Thanks!
    Ken
    11-19-2016 09:08 AM
    First, heavily reconsider this, its much better and very secure to have your photos backed up, this way you won't lose your photos when you get a new device and will have them across devices.

If you are commited to the "tinfoil hat" "big brother is watching" or have some... Ahem... Private photos, if you want to keep them local and get them off Google photos, I suggest transferring/copying your device copies to a laptop/SD card and then simply deleting all the photos on the Google photos app. Then transfer the photos from your laptop to your phone or keep them on the SD card for extra storage.
    11-19-2016 11:43 AM