S6 Active Touchscreen Intermittent

A

AC Question

So my touchscreen intermittently decides to stop responding. I factory reset the phone (cleared cache before that) and it still goes through periods of functioning/not functioning. Last night, I found a way to get the touchscreen to respond.

I press the lock button to make sure the phone's display is turned off. I place one finger and put pressure on the top part of the touch display. Without removing my finger, I push the lock button to bring up the lock screen. When doing this, the touchscreen responds, and if i'm dexterous enough, I can swipe up and unlock the screen. Doing this can give me anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 hours before the problem repeats.

Does this seem like a hardware issue, or would a firmware flash maybe fix this issue? Any feedback is appreciated.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you happen to have a thick screen protector on the phone? Also, I remember the Note 5 removed the "touch sensitivity" setting in Dispaly options... not sure if they took it away on the S6, or it they brought it back in future updates. Check your Display options to see if you can adjust that setting.

mjthebeast

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
No screen protectors. I'm wary of repair shops, since the Active line has proven a nightmare when it comes to repairs. Last issue I had it was cheapest to pay Samsung $200 for the LCD and mail them the phone cross country.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci