Why cant I use my phone after I got an update?

A

AC Question

I have a BLU Vivo XL, and I just updated the phone to Android 6.0 through a wireless update. I unlock it after it has rebooted, and suddenly, it starts giving me error messages which I cant clear, continuously going away and coming back at the bottom of my screen. It says "Unfortunately, Carefree Launcher has stopped." I cannot do anything about it, go to my home screen, look at my apps, nothing. I can only reboot or restart the phone. Can you tell me what I can do about this issue?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. On the desktop version of Play you can install a different launcher, like Nova. Once it is installed (shouldn't take long) you can try clicking home when you unlock the device. If that works, it will give you the option to use Nova (click that) and that should break the cycle.

StlRyan1984

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a BLU Vivo XL, and I just updated the phone to Android 6.0 through a wireless update. I unlock it after it has rebooted, and suddenly, it starts giving me error messages which I cant clear, continuously going away and coming back at the bottom of my screen. It says "Unfortunately, Carefree Launcher has stopped." I cannot do anything about it, go to my home screen, look at my apps, nothing. I can only reboot or restart the phone. Can you tell me what I can do about this issue?

I have a vivo 5 and it's doing the same thing after the update today. I just happened to have nova launcher installed as well, luckily. Can you swipe up from the bottom and get your settings?

GlennWHV

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Change carefree or current theme to android basic and the error will go away (per Blu Support). Tthru settings - display - wallpaper - desktop wallpaper - theme .

For apps, update Google Play Services. No factory reset necessary, or anything else , everything worked as soon as I change theme. Good Luck!

tabathacase07

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Change carefree or current theme to android basic and the error will go away (per Blu Support). Tthru settings - display - wallpaper - desktop wallpaper - theme .

For apps, update Google Play Services. No factory reset necessary, or anything else , everything worked as soon as I change theme. Good Luck!

I'm having the same problem. My phone is a blu energy 2 and I tried doing what you said and got into my settings and changed it. Still nothing. So I restarted my phone and now I can't get into the settings. So frustrating. Any advice?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12