I damaged the screen of my Galaxy S7 and cannot see anything... I need to delete all data on it.

A

AC Question

I have a replacement phone coming, but I want to erase all of my data on current phone before I return it.... Is there any way to do this? When I view the phone on my laptop there are no files showing on the phone...

Thanks--

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or, if you're sending it to the insurer (like Asurion) or the carrier or manufacturer, count on the fact that step #1 with a return is a factory reset. (If the screen is bad, they'll plug in a temporary screen to wipe the phone.) An employee working on a phone that still has user data (yours) on it is asking for a vacation in the Striped Sunlight Hotel - even many small repair shops wouldn't put up with that. (I never did - it was one of the first things I told new hires, and I made them sign a paper that said that they understood what it meant, that not wiping a phone meant an instant call to the user after they were walked out the door [without the phone] so the user could start changing passwords. I never had to tell anyone twice.)