Anyone else know any thing about these phones or the company?

A

AC Question

One day last week I happened to stumble upon a phone company called mustangs corp offering two models factory unlocked full msrp for 19.00 and 9.00 at mustangscorp.com.... I know this might be too good to be true but i'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this or even bought one. If it is true I would buy one just to see what it was like lol I mean for 19?!?!?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1.8GHz processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB total storage (of which you can probably use less than 24GB).

This is a 2013 phone (at best), so it's probably not worth more than $20.

And it's most likely a small Chinese company (they're located in Singapore, but many Chinese companies list their Singapore address as their location for us Westerners), which means that you probably won't be getting any Android updates, and if you need any information about the phone (to fix it, to root it, to unlock it, etc.) it won't be available. As you say, for $20 you can't lose much, but you can't expect much either. (And it looks as if they're trying to get their orders in now, before they have the phones manufactured - which still isn't a good sign. Maybe manufacturing is headed that way in the future, but in the present I'd rather stick with a company that can, at least, afford to manufacture product before they get my money.)