I bought a new phone since my old one couldn't keep up with the updates making the game requirements a lot higher than they used to. So I downloaded the game to my new phone but I suddenly got a prompt saying "Google Play Games is required...". I'm pretty sure I don't have Google Play Games on my old phone and I played the game just fine albeit the crashing due to no RAM.

So why the hell do I need this "Google Play Games" when it's not really required to play the game? Heck I can't even patch since it's forcing me to download it.

Some might say "Then why don't you just download it?" so I'll stop you right now and say you're not answering the question...
    11-26-2016 03:09 AM
    A lot of apps now are linked to Google Play to store the cloud save, and the achievements. AFAIK Google Play also handles the server side in some games for connections to multiplayer. There's also a social aspect to this but I really don't open the app that much.

Anyway, you can't get around this, it's coded into the app. The only way is to get the app from another source, like Amazon. Just make sure the source is trustworthy. Getting it from a random corner of the net is a good way to get malware. It's just weird your new phone doesn't come with Google Play Games. It's supposed to come preinstalled an all legitimately Google licensed Android phones.
    11-26-2016 03:54 AM