using odin to install a rom, any rom at this point

A

AC Question

Hi,
I wouldnt say im a complete novice, i've rooted lots of devices without a hitch in the past. But after a day of trying I have to concede now that I am not as good as i thought. I cant load a rom onto my already (well was) rooted galaxy s5. It seemed a simple task, I downloaded the Marshmallow rom from sammobile for my right carrier, region etc I wanted to upgrade lollipop i had on it. Unfortunately it kept failing in odin 11. Made sure I copied the file to AP etc but wouldn't load.

Long story short I did manage to load a custom rom Galaxy S5 CM14 (CyanogenMod 14, Nougat ROM but I couldn't really get on with it so attempted to reinstall the official rom. I did also load twerp which I cant do and now with a firmware called philztouch which is the only thing I can seem to flash now. Unfortunately everytime I go into download mode and attempt a rom install it doesnt work.

This is what it is outputting attempting the official marshmallow rom below.... Any help much appreciated.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G900FXXU1CPFA_G900FEVR1CPF1_G900FXXU1CPE6_HOME.tar .md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Error probably caused by faulty cable/usb socket. You need to find the exact .pit file for your device and flash it. Incorrect .pit file will result in a brick. I cannot stress how risky this is

fatfei

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Pugs1957 that makes sense because my laptop usb has never worked right since i bought it but dont use it enough to really notice.

Since the post ive managed to install twrp at startup. im not sure about using odin again or using the default official rom. i was thinking of installing the no limits rom from twrp settings. What would you advise?