I own a galaxy s6 and when I first set the native mail app up, ithe worked just fine. Last week, I cleared some app's data to save space on my phone, and now I can't set it up again with my Hotmail account. I tried to set up with a Gmail account and it worked. The message "checking incoming server settings..." appears and doesn't go away. What could be the issue here? Thanks.
    11-27-2016 12:45 PM
    Clearing the data also clears your login, password, type of email account, etc. Delete the account, then create a new account with the same login and password.
    11-27-2016 10:43 PM
    I own a galaxy s6 and when I first set the native mail app up, ithe worked just fine. Last week, I cleared some app's data to save space on my phone, and now I can't set it up again with my Hotmail account. I tried to set up with a Gmail account and it worked. The message "checking incoming server settings..." appears and doesn't go away. What could be the issue here? Thanks.
    microsoft changed servers on users without notifying them. try this...
    In which ever email app used, go to settings > exchange server settings > exchange server and change it from "m.hotmail.com" to "m.outlook.com".
    MrZekaFox likes this.
    12-01-2016 10:05 PM
    That did the trick. Thanks a lot, brother!
    12-26-2016 01:04 PM
    microsoft changed servers on users without notifying them. try this...
    In which ever email app used, go to settings > exchange server settings > exchange server and change it from "m.hotmail.com" to "m.outlook.com".
    That did the trick. Thanks a lot, brother!
    12-26-2016 01:05 PM