I think my device is being tracked remotely. I noticed the battery started to drain very fast in the last few weeks. Even when charging it would say it cannot charge quick enough. Today when I woke up I checked the apps in the background and someone had opened voice records, location services, backup settings, bluetooth and some other apps. I know for sure that I restarted my phone in the evening and did not open those apps. It also got very hot while being idle.

My device is encrypted and has a pass lock on it. A year ago it was confiscated by the law enforcement (still encrypted) and they gave it back to me. Maybe it was backdoored? I did, however, reset my phone first.

Is there a way to grab all the logs for the last few days and see what or who has been doing on my phone? My device is not rooted and I restarted it an hour ago again. I hope the logs weren't destroyed.

I'm hoping to confirm that this is happening and I'm not being crazy.
    11-28-2016 03:47 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree that it is unlikely you've been hacked. You don't necessarily have a lot of control over which apps the system opens automatically in the background -- that's up to the system and the apps that are installed. I'm not sure what you mean by "voice records" -- do you mean the Voice Recorder app?

As for the battery drain, it'd be helpful to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    Is it possible your phone was hacked? Yes. Is it likely? No. Those type programs require installation and are very expensive.

As for the police matter, can't really advise you their other than to say IF it were me and I was in any kind of trouble with the law I would be consulting with an attorney!
    11-28-2016 10:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree that it is unlikely you've been hacked. You don't necessarily have a lot of control over which apps the system opens automatically in the background -- that's up to the system and the apps that are installed. I'm not sure what you mean by "voice records" -- do you mean the Voice Recorder app?

As for the battery drain, it'd be helpful to see some battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    john_v and pkcable like this.
    11-28-2016 11:48 PM
    Has the phone been exposed to moisture, a drop, OR charged with a 3rd party charger of questionable origin? Your device could have some sort of short, or other failure that is causing apps to randomly open.
    11-29-2016 09:56 AM
    I'm having similar problems, I'm almost positive someone, a "close friend" who lives within Bluetooth and or wifi range from me is messing with my phone and well as my wifes...not to mention our emotions, it gets old and we are desperate to end it..not just that but find out 100℅ sure if it's who we think it is...my logs mention remote control, and root and superuser, and hotplug/hotword, shared user, LGEACI8r8 , swapper, NTF, just to name a few off top of my head, but can't really get to bottom of it because Everytime we try to search any of the errors in our phone we lag, freeze, or crash or...also Bluetooth settings turn on, randomly but only at home as well as wifi, sync, backup, and something about windows and Ubuntu in the logs but have never owned a cpu or heard of Ubuntu previous to this, sorry for the vent but we need help because this paragraph is just half of the pain we have been dealing with....PS, we are beginner android users, but we are not crazy....please help us
    12-28-2016 05:51 AM
    I'm having similar problems, I'm almost positive someone, a "close friend" who lives within Bluetooth and or wifi range from me is messing with my phone and well as my wifes...not to mention our emotions, it gets old and we are desperate to end it..not just that but find out 100℅ sure if it's who we think it is...my logs mention remote control, and root and superuser, and hotplug/hotword, shared user, LGEACI8r8 , swapper, NTF, just to name a few off top of my head, but can't really get to bottom of it because Everytime we try to search any of the errors in our phone we lag, freeze, or crash or...also Bluetooth settings turn on, randomly but only at home as well as wifi, sync, backup, and something about windows and Ubuntu in the logs but have never owned a cpu or heard of Ubuntu previous to this, sorry for the vent but we need help because this paragraph is just half of the pain we have been dealing with....PS, we are beginner android users, but we are not crazy....please help us
    I definitely don't know how to do this type of thing and really can't offer much advise...but it is possible in theory. It would have to be a pretty advanced hacker though, not your average joe...they would probably stick out. Are you using public wifi or do you have your own encrypted connection? My only guess is, IF someone was hacking you it would be through your ip adress.
    12-28-2016 08:01 AM
    Just my android phone, I don't use wifi anymore...would it be difficult for someone close to you if they knew all my info?
    12-30-2016 12:16 AM