Voice input not working in apps on Gear S2

A

AC Question

I am having an issue with the S Voice on my Samsung Gear S2 watch. It works fine when selecting S Voice from the app menu, or launching S Voice via the wake-up feature, but the voice-to-text feature does not work in any of the apps like email, text, or navigation.

For example: when I receive a text, select reply, and tap on the microphone icon to speak a reply, nothing happens. The wavy lines indicating my voice is being heard do not appear; the microphone icon just remains and nothing happens. It does this whether replying or creating a new text. The problem applies to all apps that allow a voice response (show the microphone icon).

Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas? I just got the watch and I really like it, but the speech function is one of the primary reasons that I got it, so if that doesn’t work the watch is pretty well useless to me. Thanks for any suggestions.

brushpicks11

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
I am having an issue with the S Voice on my Samsung Gear S2 watch. It works fine when selecting S Voice from the app menu, or launching S Voice via the wake-up feature, but the voice-to-text feature does not work in any of the apps like email, text, or navigation.

For example: when I receive a text, select reply, and tap on the microphone icon to speak a reply, nothing happens. The wavy lines indicating my voice is being heard do not appear; the microphone icon just remains and nothing happens. It does this whether replying or creating a new text. The problem applies to all apps that allow a voice response (show the microphone icon).

Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas? I just got the watch and I really like it, but the speech function is one of the primary reasons that I got it, so if that doesn’t work the watch is pretty well useless to me. Thanks for any suggestions.

Same problem. No one else besides us 2 are the only ones who have experienced this? It's becoming extremely annoying. Anyone find a fix?

srmcd32909

Feb 1, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Only got my watch 3 days ago. Everything else seems to work fine with this one exception, but this issue has me wanting to throw the watch out my window as I'm driving down the street.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante