My GalaxyS4 contact list is corrupted

A

AC Question

Today my contact list is missing items (contacts). Also under "A" there names beginning with A and B. Then under "B" there are names beginning with B and C. Then under "C" there are names beginning with C, D, E, and F. This goes on throughout the entire contact list. The missing contacts are from random places throughout the contact list.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are the contacts all associated with your Google or Samsung account, or are they all only saved to the local Phone account?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That will probably be problematic. If the only copy of the contacts list is on the phone's storage, and that list is corrupted, I'm not sure if you'll be able to recover it completely. Did you ever back up the contacts to your computer using Kies?

hopeless9

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
We can quit this post. I will recover manually from here. I did a "sync" and a few contacts came back but not all. It did at least put all the "A"'s under "A" and the "B"'s under "B", etc. but it duplicated all (108) of the contacts so now I have to manually delete the duplicates. I WILL have a back up from now on! Thanks for looking at my issue.