Why is android gallery so weird?!

A

AC Question

So I just ditched my iPhone and moved to a galaxy s7. It seems pretty cool so far, but when i connected it to my iPhone via a cable provided to transfer my photos they appear in a really bizarre order. I have photos from 2014 at the top and bottom and my most recent photos I have discovered floating around in the middle of the gallery! Is there a way to sort by date?

I took a few photos this morning and they haven't gone to either end of the gallery like they would on an iPhone and have been added like 5 photos from the top - it seems to be utterly random.

It also has something called "photo sharing" - can someone explain what this is? I'd really rather that my photos don't get shared with the wide world!

Thank you all in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the stock Gallery app from Samsung, or the Google Photos app? If you want to transfer your photos over, I suggest uploading them all to your Google Photos in the cloud, which you can then access from any device logged into the same Google account. If you still have the iPhone, you can install Google Photo there and use its Backup & Sync feature: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=iOS&hl=en

Where do you see the photo sharing feature? The Share button will give you various ways to send a photo (like email or texting), share it to a social media site, or upload it somewhere like cloud storage.