I have not added any new apps over the past month or so, but my phone has started losing battery life really quickly lately. When I first got my phone a year ago, I would leave it unplugged overnight and I would lose maybe 1 or 2% off of a full charge. Now, I get up and it's down to 54% or 67% or something really low despite having every app closed. Using the GSAM battery app, it seems my screen is taking up most of the battery life. Is there a reason why my screen would suddenly be sucking up additional battery life? I'm pretty sure I have not changed any settings.

I am pretty good about not leaving my phone plugged in once it reaches a 100% charge.
    11-29-2016 09:32 AM
    What phone do you have? The stat for screen on should only be high due to the screen being on. Also, are you charging it to 100% just before you go to bed at night and by morning it's down to 54 or 67%... or is it dropping from something less than 100% charge level. The reason I'm asking is because the battery stats only gets reset after you pull the plug at 100%, so you could be looking at old data if the phone is dropping from something less than a full charge. Might be good to look at "awake" time in stats to see if some app is keeping the phone awake.
    11-29-2016 01:15 PM
    Sorry, I did not realize I hadn't logged in. My phone is a Droid Turbo 2.

And, I unplug my phone at night when it's at 100%. In the past, I would wake up in the morning and it would be at 97/98% with no apps running overnight. Sometimes at 99%, sometimes 96%. However, when I do it now, my phone was at 54% when I woke up this morning, and 67% yesterday. This is with no apps running again.
    11-29-2016 03:16 PM
    I normally see 98% myself overnight on my Note 4's. Wifi and data are shut down when I go to sleep.

How's the awake time? Wifi or data showing high usage? What app shows as the highest percentage in battery stats? Unless you're "force stopping" your apps, they'll still be in cache and may be running background stuff... not sure, but possible nowadays especially with social apps. Closing apps from the recent apps list does not force stop the app, so it's hard to say if your apps are actually not running.

Another thing might be the media scanner. If you're syncing photos or docs to the cloud and say your SD or phone has a corrupted file on it, then the sync can run continuously trying to backup the corrupt file. Since it's corrupted, the sync can never complete and it just keeps trying.

Just reaching for anything that might cause issues.
    11-29-2016 04:10 PM
    I normally see 98% myself overnight on my Note 4's. Wifi and data are shut down when I go to sleep.

How's the awake time? Wifi or data showing high usage? What app shows as the highest percentage in battery stats? Unless you're "force stopping" your apps, they'll still be in cache and may be running background stuff... not sure, but possible nowadays especially with social apps. Closing apps from the recent apps list does not force stop the app, so it's hard to say if your apps are actually not running.

Another thing might be the media scanner. If you're syncing photos or docs to the cloud and say your SD or phone has a corrupted file on it, then the sync can run continuously trying to backup the corrupt file. Since it's corrupted, the sync can never complete and it just keeps trying.

Just reaching for anything that might cause issues.
    what do you mean by "wake time"? On the battery monitor, "held awake" is at 0% right now. It seems like "screen" takes up a vast majority of the battery use on my phone.
    11-30-2016 06:07 PM
    If you click on the battery graph, it'll expand and show you a graph below it showing the "awake time". Awake time basically shows you if the phone was actually sleeping or being used. I'm running Kitkat and LP on my devices, so perhaps the jargon is different on your phone.
    11-30-2016 06:30 PM