Why my LG G3 doesn't charge when plugged in?

A

AC Question

I tried to charge my phone as I do everyday on my bed charger, my phone was at 1%. So I plug it in. The only thing is that time it seemed to have poor connection in the charge port. I kept hearing the notification sound of charging and not charging repeatedly very fast like 0.1 s interval. The phone went off, no more juice. Since the connection was bad I decided to try another cable, and it did the job. As it was off it charged very well. I waited 15 min. At 10% I decided to turn the phone on and leave it plugged to use it. The thing is, it is not charging anymore when it is on. I tried 8 cables 8 chargers nothing will do. I did a factory reset to no avail. I know the port is good because when the phone is off it charges perfectly. I figured I busted the charging circuit with the poor connection event. What do you think?

riderparkour

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply pugs, have you ever seen such a behavior in case of an old battery? I will try my friend's G3 battery in my phone soon. In case that doesn't work I think I'll have to resort to change the motherboard. I'm just trying to see if anyone has seen any precedents on this story.

Can you buy a second G3 with a cracked screen and take its motherboard to replace yours?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Like Pugs said, the battery is the first suspect! Ppl are far too eager doing factory resets, they are a last resort and are highly inconvenient. Things go wrong, ppl forget passwords etc... You could also have a faulty socket where you plug in the charger... Take it to a repair shop would be my suggestion...

riderparkour

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday I plugged my cellphone and it magically charges normally now.... I don't know how...I havn't changed any of the conditions: same charger, same cable same wall socket...
The phone socket was fine since it charged perfectly when the phone was off. The battery still lasts a complete day with intensive use so it's not faulty... It's a miracle

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech