How do I get phone service in the Dominican Republic

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I currently use Cricket which I am very happy with. I will be in the Dominican Republic for 10 days. I would like for people to be able to call my USA number to reach me. My phone is an unlocked Galaxy S5. Is there a way to get service in the DR that will ring when my USA number is called ?

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Not that I've heard of... but you can always call and speak to a representative at Cricket to see if they have such a add on plan for you. Most carriers offer south American plans so you should be able to find something hopefully, if not you can always use a prepaid sim cars when you get to D.R.

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Ask Cricket. I doubt it, though. (AT&T can - but it costs additional, $40/month, IIRC.)

Have you or anyone here tried iplum. I think that the way it works is I download the app and get a USA number. If I then set my Cricket number to forward to my iplum number if I have a wifi connection the number will ring. I don't know if they have voice mail for when I don't have a wifi connection. Has anyone here used iplum or have a friend who has?