This might very well be a faulty sd card. But it's not really random so it just feels so strange.

First off, had the same problem with the same card in another phone. While a different sd card seem to work with both phones, so yeah, I know...but here goes...

card: sdhc 32 gb 3 / AGFAPHOTO

If I remove the card and reformat the card, put it back in the phone, it's works right of the bat, no problem.

If I then transfer files, using mtp, either on linux or windows, the moment I remove the USB cable I lose the sd card??? Forever, I can't remount it!

Things that I have done.

1. Rebooted
    2. Removed card and reinsert
    3. Cleaned pins
    4. Run data check on card for corrupted files, nothing

What really get me, is as I said, that if I format the sd card, the phone will read it perfectly fine, the first time every time, right until I transfer files onto the card for the first time.

I would like to use this card because it's faster and in any event I would of course like to avoid having to buy a new card.

motorola 4g play
    12-02-2016 01:22 PM
    Run SD Insight on the card before copying anything to it. If it's not a 32GB card, or if it was made in 1 Jan 1970, it's counterfeit and about all you can do is crack it in half and toss it. That's the most common problem - defective cards are rare.
    12-02-2016 01:27 PM
    It seem to be a legit card. It shows 32GB, FEB 2016. Apparently a Phison.

As before after reformatting the card the phone picks it up immediately. No problem.
    12-02-2016 01:54 PM
    Then I'd suspect a defective card. Try contacting the seller or AGFA. (This is why I only buy SanDisk cards. They'll replace a defective card if you go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support or SanDisk Online RMA Request.)
    12-02-2016 03:31 PM
    Got it in Germany (Dane here) a good while back, so I'm very stuck with it [BOX][/BOX]

Got to say for full discloser, that I just copied a small amount of data to the card and the card did for the first time not disappear after disconnecting the USB connection. The other times I had copied large amounts of data (music mostly). I don't see any good reason why the amount no matter how big or small should make a difference tho, so I'm not holding my breath.

What ever the case might turn out to be, big thanks for trying to help out.
    12-02-2016 05:45 PM