Galaxy s7 won't charge, vibrates constantly when plugged in

A

AC Question

Yesterday I went to go charge my phone as I normally do. When I plugged it in, it said "make sure all ports are dry before charging" or something along those lines. Didn't get my phone wet at all, just wanted to charge my phone as normal. Since it wouldn't hold a charge I turned it off and then tried. All I got was vibrating every second. Are there any fixes to this yet? It is very frustrating.

Chancy Persons

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine just started the same thing today (only without the error message). It seems to be charging wirelessly now but I am concerned that I will have to use wireless charger all the time now. Did you find anything that helped yours?

flightrisk

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
When it has happened to me, it has always been a bad cable. And a bad cable can damage the charging port. There need to be 5 gold pins in the cable end that plugs into the phone. Often one of the pins gets pushed back or breaks off. Inspect the inside of that plug. Never force the plug. If it is hard to insert, there is a problem. If necessary, take a picture of it in bright light zoom in to inspect the pins. I have had to go through 2 or 3 cables to find one that works and they seem to only last a few months of plugging and unplugging before they all go bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol