Text (txt) files won't save changes when editing and saving in galaxy s7

A

AC Question

Text (txt) files won't save changes when editing and saving in galaxy s7, I have tried with different text editors like NOTEPAD,SIMPLE TEXT EDITOR with no results
These are files I imported from a computer and want to edit and save changes I made.
Although it works when creating new files and change any thing than save

AGOSTINHO TEIXEIRA

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your assistance,
I've done it from the SD card also copied the sames files to the phone MYFILES directory with the same result, what ever editor app I use it allows me to make changes to the file/text after exit the file open it again no change are made, this happen also with the WORD editor as well, these files I created them on my old galaxy S5 phone and passed them to my new galaxy S7, if I can create new files than it saves and I can make changes afterwards, the problem is when editing old txt files change them on my new galaxy S6 that it don't accept/make changes it remains the same.
Ounce again thanks for your support.
A,T.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, strange. This may seem silly, but does it seem to matter if the file extension is lower case (.txt) or upper case (.TXT)? I've seen some odd issues with photo files (at least on a computer) if the .jpg extension is upper case vs lower case.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes, I realize that -- but I'm just wondering if those files created on a different device (like on the computer) are saving the file as .TXT files (capitalized), rather than .txt files (not capitalized). If so, I was wondering if that's somehow causing an issue, as it can do so with .jpg vs .JPG files on a PC.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is a 6 year old thread, so it would help if you gave more details. You said you have the same issue, but do you have the exact same device, using the same text editor?