Why can't I connect to home wifi?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, less than a week old, connects fine to Xfinity on the telephone pole in front of the house, both wifi networks at work, Dunkin Donuts, McDonald's and multiple other free in-store networks all over town. Wife's Edge connects fine. Compared everything side by side with both phones, the only difference I notice between the two is that she's showing both IPv4 and IPv6 ip addresses listed, mine has no IPv4 address when connect/disconnect cycling. (192.168.0.x). Motorola SB6580 Surfboard Modem/Router in one on Comcast cable. Tried setting a static, no good. Tried all the other 'fixes' I've found here on the forums, no good. Even did a factory reset, which I really regret, and no change. Rebooted/Reset modem/router, changed bands, channels etc tried everything I can think of and I'm out of ideas. Router has July 2015 updated firmware, and no reference to any changes since then that I can find online........

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
To set a static IP address, it has to be one that your router settings will allow, you can't just guess at one, so don't do it.

Call Xfinity tech support and have them walk you through turning IPv6 off in the router - I'd bet that they aren't using IPv6 addresses yet.

GregCT2010

May 17, 2010
Visit site
To set a static IP address, it has to be one that your router settings will allow, you can't just guess at one, so don't do it.

Call Xfinity tech support and have them walk you through turning IPv6 off in the router - I'd bet that they aren't using IPv6 addresses yet.

If I know well enough how to access and make the adjustments I listed as having already tried, it's reasonable to assume I know well enough to set a static ip address within the range of addresses I specified. Oops, sorry, forgot to mention I've already disabled the IPv6 dhcp and it made no difference. Comcast tech support is useless, especially when you own your equipment and don't rent it from them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21