What is the meaning of the keyhole icon on the status bar on my LG smart phone?

A

AC Question

At the top of the screen of my LG X-150 smart phone there is an icon I cannot identify. It is like an old fashioned keyhole circular top half and sloping sides on the lower half flat bottom. what does it mean? I have searched the web for over an hour now and the number of icons for phones, computers, electronic devices of all kinds nears infinity. Why is this so hard to find out? Tell me what the b thing means and I'm off.

jeffhaskins

May 2, 2016
Visit site
I've seen this on a couple of my LG phones as well, I believe it has something to do with GPS locking on to your location. If I remember right, I would see it when Maps was running.

GOnews

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
Two Keyholes at top of Samsung Android smart phone?

I have seen the keyholes (2 of them) but not had the experience the other person has noted.

*** Please consider other possibilities than the one I will present which may be correct for this symbol. My experience could have been a coincidence.***

However this is the sequence of events just prior to this pair of Keyholes appearing on my smartphone just prior to what I witnessed. For me, I had been texting a new acquaintance and suddenly my Malware Bytes program notified me that the phone number associated with the new acquaintance was found with malicious phishing. The message appeared twice. This appeared to be an error to me since I didn't get the impression the new acquaintance was behind this message and considered it an error by Malware Bytes.

Within 20 minutes, two keyhole symbols/icons appeared at the top of my smartphone screen and my entire phone (battery included) became really HOT. This is the first *possible* clue that your phone has been hacked. My location services were NOT turned on at the time. I immediately powered down the phone, removed the battery (an older version of the phone). I know what the application download icon looks like when updates are downloading. This can also warm up your phone. There were NO *official* downloads occurring during this time.

This morning I turned on the phone again; both keyhole icons were still there and immediately the phone began to heat up. I again immediately shut down the phone and removed the battery.

I have not absolutely concluded that this is a hack to my phone but when legitimate apps began to freeze, this just added to my suspicion. The problem in today's information age? The cyber criminals seem always one step ahead of the general population. If someone out there has a definitive and logical explanation for this keyhole symbol and the accompanying effects, I am more than willing to listen and consider.

You have the floor.

sjoseph219

Nov 3, 2017
Visit site
This appears to be a notification icon. I pulled a drop down menu from the top (swept mouse from black bar, with time in the corner, towards the bottom of the screen) and deleted all the notifications. Then they went away.