Google Nexus 5X dropped in water

A

AC Question

Hi. I dropped my google nexus 5x in water (fairly clean toilet, if that helps, as I'd just finished scrubbing the entire thing and had flushed it 4-5 times before knocking my phone into it).

The screen didn't waver, everything works fine, no glitches or weird spots, speakers and mic all work fine.

I turned it off, tossed it in some rice, then got impatient and pried the back open. The entire inside of the back cover was fairly wet, but the two LDIs that I could see (one on upper right corner of the battery, one inside the SIM tray) are completely white as white can be.

Should I go out and buy some silica gel packets and toss the uncovered phone in a plastic bag for a few days, just in case? Should I use the coolest setting on my hair dyer and blow some air on it (from a distance)? I can use a fan, too.

Or is it OK to just use as-is?

Should I try to not charge it for a few days at least?
I don't know anything about this phone, but am enthusiastic and good at playing around with electronics. Any other advice would be appreciated, too.

Bought from Google Fi in early August, no device protection plan, standard warranty.

Thanks in advance!

Ewmm9408

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
AC Question,
What did you end up doing? How did it turn out? My Nexus 5x took a similar quick dunk today. Phone working fine but moisture in camera lens, so I know there's likely more inside than I can tell right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463