My phone keeps casting to various devices without my permission, how do I stop it?

A

AC Question

I recently upgraded from a droid turbo to a moto z force. Tis was happening on my old phone too. It started several weeks ago. I have a friend who has the same problem. When I'm in the middle of something, I get a random push notification saying "casting to..." Whatever device, usually a TV halfway across campus. I have to manually stop it. Why is my phone doing this and how do I stop it?

jeffberube

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Don't know the answer but have the same problem that started today with ny Nexus 6p. Live in a house that has 3 different suites but there's is only one internet connection shared wirelessly between all 3 suites. I randomly get "Casting to SOMEDEVICE" while I'm on the wifi network here. Hopefully someone finds an answer to this asap.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This started a few weeks ago -- for anyone casting something to Chromecast on a given wi-fi network, anyone else connected to that network will see a notification in their status bar of what's being cast. I'm not sure if this was intended or if it's a glitch. I suggest sending feedback to Google from within the Google Home app about this issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma