Getting data on my G4 - Virgin Mobile Canada, LGUS991

A

AC Question

I bought an unlocked North American LG G4 phone recently, from BHphotovideo dot com. (no links allowed apparently, sorry...) It's a North American G4. All indications are that it should be 4G/LTE compatible with carriers in Canada, including Virgin Mobile, which I'm with. I have texting and cell coverage, but can't seem to get data. I was previously using a Lumia 1520 WP and had LTE coverage on that, this phone is using a new sim card but on the same plan.

I've got 6.0 installed, and I've set the APN several times; I've attempted using the APN settings which I've found on apn-canada.gishan dot net, and also tried the settings found here, apn-settings dot com, as well as settings that I got directly from Virgin tech support, which are:

Name: Bell APN: pda.bell (dot) ca Prox: wdb.wireless.bell (dot) ca Port 80 MMSC http colon //mms.bell (dot) ca/mms/wapenc Mms prox: wdb.wireless.bell (dot) ca Mms port: 80 MCC: 302 MNC:610

I've changed Network Modes, dug around in settings, but nothing seems to get me connected to the Virgin/Bell data network. Does anyone have any ideas? Or have any recommendations for me for what to do? A user on the BHphotovideo dot com site left a review stating that "after looking on Google", they were able to connect to Virgin's data network, but he didn't leave any clues as to how.

Thanks so much. Glad to answer any questions that might help me solve my problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87