Screen remains off at incoming call, no way to pick it up - any solutions...?

A

AC Question

Hi,
It started today that when I receive an incoming call, the screen remains off, and when I try to press the power button, it rejects the call. I also tried simply waiting and trying to swipe right where I remember I should, nothing helps. I also rebooted the phone, nothing. (So there is absolutely no way to accept a call. When the calling ends, I can use my phone again and also see who called.)

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but yesterday I cleared all data and cache for most of my apps, since the memory has been full. Maybe this has anything to do with it?

(I have a Motorola Moto G, Android ver. 5.1)

Do you think my phone is just dying or can I save it? Thanks in advance!

Kriszta

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Go to settings - accessibility and make sure that the option 'Power button ends call' is off. Are you using a screen protector? Sometimes they can interfere with the proximity sensor.

maszatjanka

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
thanks, I have checked and it's off. I don't even have any screen protector. The screen just dies completely at any incoming call, and if I press any of the side buttons (incl. volume), I just hang it up. When the ringing ends, it goes back to normal. It just started to happen from one day to another, with every call.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for registering! Check if your proximity sensor is working. Open the app drawer, tap on on the 'Help' app, select 'Fix', hardware test, select Proximity Sensor and follow instructions.

1481556664285.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Strange that is not there. I wonder if you disabled any system app when you were cleaning cache and data. Try this, go to settings - apps - swipe to the left until you select the disabled tab and see what's included in that list.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Until we find a fix you could try installing a third party dialer from the Play Store and see if you still have the same problem.

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition from recovery? Worth a try. Also, go to settings - apps - three dots top right and reset app preferences. Restart the phone after this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown